Experienced Kentucky Slip and Fall Lawyer
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) estimates that millions of people are injured from a slip or fall every year in the United States. While most of these accidents result in nothing worse than cuts and bruises, up to 30 percent of slips and falls result in moderate or significant injury. Although some of these accidents are simply the result of bad luck, inattention, or clumsiness, a significant number of fall accidents could have or should have been prevented by one or more negligent parties.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident that you believe was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to file a premises liability claim and collect compensation for your injuries. At Gladstein Law, we are dedicated to helping injury victims get the justice and help that they need. To schedule a free, private consultation with a Louisville slip and fall lawyer, call our offices today at (800) 991-0474.
The Legal Issues Surrounding Slip & Fall Accidents
This area of legal practice deals primarily with the concept of premise liability. Property owners have a duty of care to maintain the safety of their grounds and reasonably protect individuals visiting their property against injury. If a property owner was negligent in maintaining the safety of his or her premises, an injured party may file a claim that asks the responsible party to pay for damages, possibly including related medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
EXAMPLES OF SLIP AND FALLS THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED THE RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE INCLUDE:
- Falling off an unprotected ledge.
- Tripping over an unmarked or unusual floor change.
- Slipping on a spilled substance.
- Tripping over an unmarked obstacle.
- Falling down a defective staircase.
- Tripping over obstacles in dim lighting.
- Falling due to an unmaintained structure.
- Falling due to a lack of warning signs.
Premises liability claim can also include injuries not related to slips and falls. For example, you may have a premises liability case if a loved one is injured from a falling object, electrocuted, burned, or cut due to an unmaintained or unmarked hazard. For more information about whether you have a case, call our Kentucky slip and fall attorney today.
Kentucky Slip & Fall Law
Under Kentucky law, the property owner can be held liable for fall injuries if one of three conditions exist:
- The property owner or manager negligently fails to reasonably maintain the premises.
- The property owner or manager creates an unreasonable hazard, which causes a visitor to fall and be injured.
- The property owner or manager knows about a danger, and that people will come onto the property, but fails to warn them about the danger, or takes no steps to prevent the visitors from being injured.
If you’ve been injured from a fall, you deserve the compensation needed to pay your medical expenses and recover. The process isn’t always as easy as a simple request, however, and you may need the help of an experienced injury law team to assist you.
Slip and Fall Statistics
It is a misconception that serious slip and fall accidents are rare, and that these types of lawsuits are frivolous. Here are a few more facts about slip accidents from the CDC:
- Over 700,000 people per year in the United States suffer a fall that requires hospitalization.
- Twenty percent of serious falls results in broken bones or a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Falls cost the American people $34 billion in medical expenses each year.
Why Do I Need A Louisville Slip and Fall Lawyer?
In certain cases, you may not need a lawyer. If the damage amount is low and the property owner is ready and willing to pay for your recovery, there is no need to file a claim. Most situations are not so ideal, however. The higher the damage amount, the less likely that you are to recover the appropriate amount of compensation without legal help. In addition, you may not fully understand how much your slip and fall claim is worth until you speak with a dedicated Louisville slip and fall attorney and properly calculate your damages.
Furthermore, most slip and fall lawsuits involve insurance companies that will send the full weight of their resources against you simply in order to improve their bottom line. They have deep bag of tricks and tactics that they use against fall victims, and without the assistance of a legal team well versed in their techniques, you may have trouble fighting against the system alone.
At Gladstein Law Firm, our goal is simply to help you win the compensation that you need to recover. We take on only a limited number of clients because we believe that each of our cases deserves our full attention. If you ever want to pursue damages for your slip and fall injury, the time is now. If you’re ready to pursue the compensation that you need to recover, call us today at 800-991-0474 for a confidential, complimentary consultation.