Dedicated Louisville Motorcycle Accident Attorney Ready To Fight For You
Riding a motorcycle can be pure bliss. Whether you are taking a joy ride through the country or livening up your regular commute, traveling on two wheels can be exciting, invigorating, and just plain fun. Even though riding motorcycles comes with hazards, the vast majority of riders are familiar with both their vehicles and the law. Still, accidents happen, often due to other drivers, poor road design, or road conditions. If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash it is vital you speak to a knowledgeable and proven Louisville motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Specifically, for almost 5,000 motorcyclists per year in the United States, the ride ends in an accident-related fatality. Over 800 riders died in Kentucky alone in 2016, while thousands more are injured in traffic accidents each year.
Because of the nature and construction of motorcycles, motorcycle accidents can result in catastrophic injury, including traumatic brain injuries and death. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a motorcycle accident, it is vital that you understand the crash from a legal perspective and get the justice and compensation that you deserve from the at-fault parties. Our Louisville motorcycle accident attorney is here to help. To schedule a confidential, complimentary consultation, with our knowledgeable lawyer, please contact us today.
Proving Liability in Louisville, KY Motorcycle Accidents
It is a dangerous misconception that motorcycle-riders are brash, speeding thrill-seekers who do not follow the rules of the road – and that bikers are responsible for the vast majority of Kentucky motorcycle accidents. In reality, according to the famed Hurt Report, only 25 percent of motorcycle accidents are of a single-vehicle nature and 75 percent involve a collision between the motorcyclist and another vehicle. Out of the later collisions, two-thirds were the result of the driver violating the motorcyclist’s right-of-way.
In other words, a large number of motorcycle accidents in Louisville, KY are the fault of another driver and still others are the fault of another party, such as a trucking company or municipality. But how do you prove that in court? Traffic law can be surprisingly tricky, and odds are, the driver who ran into you has an insurance provider that is very committed to placing the blame on you.
At Gladstein Law Firm, PLLC, our Louisville motorcycle accident attorney can help you prove liability by taking an aggressive, thorough approach to your claim. Our team will:
- Cautiously gather all evidence related to your case, including the accident report, clinical history, and witness declaration.
- Analyze this evidence with a fine-toothed comb, reconstruction both your accident and your injuries.
- Explore how this evidence points to the faulty party under the law.
- Take the necessary steps to prove liability under Kentucky personal injury law.
Hire an experienced Louisville motorcycle accident lawyer to be on your side.
Motor Vehicle Accident Case
Attorney Seth Gladstein obtained a $150,000 settlement for a client. This case involved a $100,000.00 policy limits motor vehicle accident case. In the crash, the client, age 48, suffered a patellar (knee cap) fracture, which required surgery and inpatient rehabilitation. The client also suffered sternal and rib cage injuries. In addition, she missed a significant amount of work while recuperating from her injuries.
Common Causes of Kentucky Motorcycle Accidents
All too often, bikers are not at fault for their accident and injury. Here are the most common causes of Kentucky motorbike accidents in which a rider is not at fault include:
- A driver turns left directly in front of an oncoming motorcycle.
- A driver parked on the side of the road opens their door in the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- A driver on a highway or interstate changes lanes into the path of a motorcycle.
- A driver following too closely rear-ends a motorcycle.
- A driver does not respect a motorcycle rider’s right-of-way.
- A driver causes an accident due to speaking or breaking a traffic law.
- A driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A road is not properly maintained by a state, city, or town, causing a motorcyclist to lose control of his or her bike.
Quick Safety Tips For Motorcycle Riders
- Always follow the rules of the road, including abiding by the speed limit.
- Wear protective gear at all times, including a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet and clothes that protect your hands, feet, arms, and legs from road rash.
- Turn on your headlight at all times and wear bright and reflective clothing to maximize your visibility.
- Take a motorbike training course to increase your knowledge and experience. Acclimate yourself with the entirety of Kentucky’s motorcycle-specific traffic laws and regulations.
- Be aware of the weather and avoid riding in dangerous conditions including rain, snow, ice, wind, and fog.
- Never tailgate: striking the rear bumper of another vehicle can result in serious injuries for the rider, not just a fender-bender.
Call a Winning Louisville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today!
Our Lawyer Will Fight For The Compensation You Need To Recover. Are You Overwhelmed?
The damages a rider sustains from colliding with a vehicle can be devastating. Medical bills can reach into six figures, while lost income and future income can affect a family financially for years or decades. Ultimately, the financial burden alone of a serious motorcycle injury could put your entire life on hold. If you’ve found yourself in this type of situation, you probably feel overwhelmed and unsure of how exactly to proceed.
With the help of a skilled motorcycle accident attorney from Gladstein Law Firm, PLLC you can effectively pursue the compensation you need to recover. Kentucky has strict limits on the time allowed for filing a lawsuit in a motorcycle accident case. Don’t miss out on your chance to hold the negligent accountable and pursue the compensation you need to recover.
Our legal practitioner also regularly handles other types of cases involving:
Call our office today to schedule a free and private consultation with our knowledgeable Louisville motorcycle accident attorney.