Effective Attorney for Kentucky Truck Accident Victims
Every year, approximately 5,000 people die in the United States in trucking accidents, and many more people are involved in tractor-trailer wrecks. The vast majority of those injured or killed in trucking accidents are not truck drivers. A breakdown of recent data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety demonstrates shows that truck crashes disproportionately injure or kill passenger vehicle occupants, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. One major cause of semi accidents is the trucks’ weight. For example, many tractor-trailers have a gross weight of 10,000 pounds or greater and carry normal loads weighing more than 80,000 pounds.
Contact Gladstein Law Firm today online
or by calling 502-791-9000.
Types of Trucking Accidents
Semis and trucks are involved in many types of devastating crashes. Some examples include:
A truck rear-ending a vehicle in front of it;
- Head-on collisions and impacts;
- Intersecting vehicles;
- Trucks running off the road;
- A truck swerving out of its lane;
- A truck turning into another vehicle’s path;
- Trucks rolling over;
- A truck sideswiping another car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle; and
- Trucks hitting objects in the road.
Contact Gladstein Law Firm today online or by calling 502-791-9000.
Possible Causes of Trucking Accidents
There are many reasons for the large number of trucking accidents. Possible causes of a truck crash may include:
- Failing to observe traffic law, rules, and regulations;
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs;
- Driving in the wrong lane;
- Running red lights;
- Forcing other vehicles off the road;
- Driver fatigue;
- Driver inattention;
- Trucks changing lanes without using a turn signal; and
- Improper truck maintenance.
Seth Gladstein – A Dedicated Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Louisville personal injury attorney Seth Gladstein today to learn about your rights. Gladstein Law Firm, PLLC, is dedicating to helping people injured in semi and tractor-trailer accidents receive the compensation they deserve. You may schedule your free consultation by calling Gladstein Law Firm, PLLC at 502-791-9000, or toll-free at (800) 991-0474. You may also email Seth here.