Dog bites can happen anywhere at any time and are a serious problem in the United States. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 1 in 5 dog bites require medical attention. In many cases, dog bites occur because of a dog owner’s negligent or reckless behavior, such as failing to restrain or control their pet properly. In all cases, dog bites can be traumatic and painful experiences, leaving physical, emotional, and financial scars that last a lifetime.
If you or someone you love suffered a dog bite, you might be entitled to compensation. A knowledgeable Lexington dog bite attorney can help you understand your rights and options and assist you in pursuing a settlement for your damages. This may include an award for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs. In the following sections, we’ll cover some of the key things you need to know about hiring a dog bite attorney in Lexington to help you get started.
Why Hire a Dog Bite Lawyer in Lexington?
Dog bite attorneys have experience working with insurance companies, negotiating settlements, and advocating for their clients in court if their case doesn’t settle. A Lexington dog bite attorney will provide valuable advice and guidance throughout the legal process, helping you understand your rights and options and ensuring your interests are protected.
In addition to their legal knowledge and skills, a Lexington dog bite attorney can provide you with emotional support and guidance. They can answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve retained a skilled and dedicated advocate.
How a Dog Bite Attorney Can Help You
If a dog in Lexington bit you, here are some key reasons to work with a dog bite attorney:
- Knowledge and experience. A Lexington dog bite lawyer will apply their deep understanding of dog bite laws, regulations, legal strategies, and tactics to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation skills. An attorney with experience in dog bite cases can use their negotiation skills when dealing with insurance companies and other parties to secure just compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Ability to maximize compensation. Attorneys understand the damages you may be entitled to, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and what they are worth. A dog bite attorney can use their experience to help you maximize your compensation.
- Protect your rights. A dog bite attorney in Lexington will protect your rights throughout the legal process and ensure that insurance companies or other parties do not take advantage of you. They can also help you understand your legal options and assist you in making informed decisions about your case.
- Courtroom experience. Most dog bite cases settle out of court, but sometimes it may be necessary to go to trial. When that happens, a dog bite attorney can present your case to a judge or jury and advocate for your interests.
A dog bite attorney can also file a claim with the dog owner’s insurance company, investigate your case, and help you identify the party liable for your injuries. This can help you prove liability and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Look for in a Lexington Dog Bite Attorney?
If you are considering hiring a dog bite attorney in Lexington, the following are some critical factors to consider:
- Experience. Choose an attorney with experience handling dog bite cases in Lexington. The more experience an attorney has, the better equipped they will be to handle your case.
- Track record. Check the attorney’s record of success in dog bite cases. Look for an attorney with a history of securing substantial client settlements or verdicts.
- Specialization. Choose an attorney with a focus on dog bite cases. These attorneys will thoroughly understand the relevant laws and regulations and know how to apply them.
- Communication. Choose a Lexington dog bite attorney who communicates clearly and regularly with clients and is easy to reach. You want an attorney who will keep you informed about your case’s progress and answer any questions you have along the way.
- Compassion. Choose a compassionate and empathetic advocate. A dog bite can be a traumatic experience, and you want an attorney who will provide you with support and guidance throughout the entire legal process.
- Fees. Most dog bite attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means they get paid only if they win your case. Make sure you understand the attorney’s fee structure before hiring them.
In addition, be sure to examine the attorney’s references and look for online reviews that will help you get a sense of the attorney’s reputation. Also, use your initial consultation to assess the lawyer’s communication style, professionalism, responsiveness, empathy, and interactive skills. Knowing these things before hiring an attorney will help assure they treat your case with the care it deserves.
Why Choose Gladstein Law Firm?
If you choose to hire Gladstein Law Firm for your dog bite claim, you can count on us to guide you through the legal process, from your initial consultation to your case’s resolution. If you decide to pursue a dog bite lawsuit, we will begin by gathering evidence and building a strong case. This may involve obtaining medical records, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts such as veterinarians or animal behaviorists. Once we prepare your case, we will negotiate aggressively with the dog owner’s insurance company and attorneys for a just settlement. If we cannot settle, we may recommend taking the case to court, where we will present evidence and strenuously argue the case to a judge or jury.
Gladstein Law Firm, PLLC Is Here for You
At Gladstein Law Firm, whether you settle before going to court or take your case to trial, our experienced dog bite advocates will fight tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. We are passionate about protecting your rights and will treat you and your case with personal care and a concentrated focus. We win almost all our dog bite claims. Consequently, we can afford to waive our fees on rare occasions when we don’t. That means you won’t owe us anything unless you win your claim and receive your settlement. Call us today at 502-791-9000 for a free consultation.